StoreSmart Self-Storage is seeking a part-time Assistant Manager for 24 hours per week (Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays, 9am - 5pm). The successful candidate will have a minimum two years retail management/sales experience, self-storage or otherwise, and will be a self-motivated individual, who enjoys multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment consisting of managerial, office and yard duties. As a customer-oriented business, the successful candidate will possess outstanding customer service and troubleshooting skills.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Reporting for shifts on the days requested and/or scheduled by the Centre Manager;
- Inquiry handling (sales) on the phone, via email and in person;
- Providing a high level of customer service by presenting a courteous and professional image to all customers;
- Performing all daily/weekly/monthly centre opening and closing procedures;
- Renting of storage units by properly completing rental agreements, and other accompanying documents when applicable, while assisting customers in understanding the terms of their rental;
- Accurately processing and reconciling all payment methods (cheque, debit, credit card, cash) on a daily basis;
- Accurately processing refunds as appropriate for vacating customers and merchandise returns;
- Preparing and depositing bank deposits in the absence of the Centre Manager;
- Completing customer billing and handling billing inquires;
- Assisting Centre Manager with accounts receivable and performing collection calling;
- Troubleshooting of customer issues, with oversight by the Centre Manager as required;
- Managing inventory of boxes and other moving supplies, completing merchandise orders as requested by Centre Manager and receiving merchandise shipments and stocking of inventory;
- Ensuring effective display of merchandise in store;
- Assisting Centre Manager and Maintenance Person in maintaining an exceptionally clean Centre including office, yard and buildings;
- Cleaning office, washroom, lunchroom, sales floor, show suite, units (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping and wiping down surfaces and equipment as required);
- Promptly reporting any Centre deficiencies that require maintenance to the Centre Manager;
- Assisting to maintain the Centre to ensure a safe environment for customers and staff;
- Running errands off-site as required by Centre Manager;
- Completing U-Haul reservations, in person and over the phone, renting and receiving equipment in a timely manner and performing minor equipment repairs and maintenance;and
- Other duties, as may be required by the Centre Manager.
Candidates may come from a variety of customer-oriented businesses, including retail sales, restaurant management, property management, etc. The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum two years managerial and/or sales experience;
- Outstanding phone disposition;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Advanced computer skills (PC/Windows environment) and the ability to learn customized site management software;
- The ability to work independently as well as in a small team;
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize activities;
- Excellent troubleshooting and customer service skills;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills;
- Great attitude and enthusiasm for helping people;
- The ability to work all weekends and some statutory holidays;
- The ability to perform physical duties such as but not limited to vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, wiping down surfaces/equipment, moving/parking/coupling/uncoupling of U-Haul trucks and trailers;
- The ability to work both indoors and outdoors in hot and cold conditions, sometimes on slippery surfaces;
- A valid Class 5 driver's license (candidates will be required to provide a current driver abstract and experience letter from insurer); and
- A clean criminal record check.
- $14.00-$16.00 per hour, depending on experience.
- Private health services plan in place offering medical, dental and vision coverage.