Job Posting, Part-Time Assistant Manager (Red Deer)
StoreSmart Self-Storage is seeking a part-time Assistant Manager for 24 hours per week (Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays, 9am - 5pm). The successful candidate will have a minimum two years retail management/sales experience, self-storage or otherwise, and will be a self-motivated individual, who enjoys multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment consisting of managerial, office and yard duties. As a customer-oriented business, the successful candidate will possess outstanding customer service and troubleshooting skills.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Reporting for shifts on the days requested and/or scheduled by the Centre Manager;
- Inquiry handling (sales) on the phone, via email and in person;
- Providing a high level of customer service by presenting a courteous and professional image to all customers;
- Performing all daily/weekly/monthly centre opening and closing procedures;
- Renting of storage units by properly completing rental agreements, and other accompanying documents when applicable, while assisting customers in understanding the terms of their rental;
- Accurately processing and reconciling all payment methods (cheque, debit, credit card, cash) on a daily basis;
- Accurately processing refunds as appropriate for vacating customers and merchandise returns;
- Preparing and depositing bank deposits in the absence of the Centre Manager;
- Completing customer billing and handling billing inquires;
- Assisting Centre Manager with accounts receivable and performing collection calling;
- Troubleshooting of customer issues, with oversight by the Centre Manager as required;
- Handling inventory of boxes and other moving supplies, completing merchandise orders as requested by Centre Manager and receiving merchandise shipments and stocking of inventory;
- Ensuring effective display of merchandise in store;
- Assisting Centre Manager and Maintenance Person in maintaining an exceptionally clean Centre including office, yard and buildings;
- Cleaning office, washroom, lunchroom, sales floor, show suite, units (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping and wiping down surfaces and equipment as required);
- Promptly reporting any Centre deficiencies that require maintenance to the Centre Manager;
- Assisting to maintain the Centre to ensure a safe environment for customers and staff;
- Running errands off-site as required by Centre Manager;
- Completing U-Haul reservations, in person and over the phone, renting and receiving equipment in a timely manner and performing minor equipment repairs and maintenance;
- Other duties, as may be required by the Centre Manager.
Candidates may come from a variety of customer-oriented businesses, including retail sales, restaurant management, property management, etc. The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum two years managerial and/or sales experience;
- Outstanding phone disposition;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Advanced computer skills (PC/Windows environment) and the ability to learn customized site management software;
- The ability to work independently as well as in a small team;
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize activities;
- Excellent troubleshooting and customer service skills;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills;
- Great attitude and enthusiasm for helping people;
- The ability to work all weekends and some statutory holidays;
- The ability to perform physical duties such as but not limited to vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, wiping down surfaces/equipment, moving/parking/coupling/uncoupling of U-Haul trucks and trailers;
- The ability to work both indoors and outdoors in hot and cold conditions, sometimes on slippery surfaces;
- A valid Class 5 driver's license (candidates will be required to provide a current driver abstract and experience letter from insurer); and
- A clean criminal record check.
- $15.00-$17.00 per hour, depending on experience; and
- Private health spending account in place offering medical, dental and vision coverage ($750 per annum).
How much Storage Space Do I Need?
5' x 5'
Approximately 25 square feet. Considered a small unit. Suitable for storing small furniture such as a chest of drawers or single mattress set, seasonal items, boxes and other odds and ends.Find A Unit
5' x 10'
Approximately 50 square feet. Considered a small unit. Suitable for storing a studio or one bedroom apartment. Will typically accommodate a couch or chair, mattress set, small dinette, boxes and other small items.Find A Unit
5' x 15'
Approximately 75 square feet. Considered a small unit. Suitable for storing a one bedroom apartment with appliances. Will typically accommodate some appliances, couch, chair, mattress set, small dinette, boxes and other small items. Also suitable for storing most motorcycles.Find A Unit
10' x 10'
Approximately 100 square feet. Considered a medium sized unit. Suitable for storing a one to two bedroom apartment or one bedroom house. Will typically accommodate appliances, couch, chair, mattress sets, dinette, some bedroom furniture, boxes and other small items. Also suitable for quad or ski-doo storage.Find A Unit
10' x 15'
Approximately 150 square feet. Considered a medium sized unit. Suitable for storing a two bedroom house. Will typically accommodate appliances, couches and living room furniture, mattress sets and bedroom furniture, dining table and chairs, patio furniture, other small furniture, boxes and other miscellaneous items.Find A Unit
10' x 20'
Approximately 200 square feet. Considered a large unit. Suitable for storing a three bedroom house. Will typically accommodate appliances, couches and living room furniture, mattress sets and bedroom furniture, dining table and chairs, some garage extras, boxes and other miscellaneous items. Will also store a car or small truck.Find A Unit
10' x 30'
Approximately 300 square feet. Considered a large unit. Suitable for storing a moderately furnished four bedroom house. Will typically accommodate appliances, couches and living room furniture, mattress sets and bedroom furniture, dinning table and chairs, patio furniture, some garage extras, boxes and other miscellaneous items. Will also store car or truckFind A Unit