One Month Free!
On select units, at participating locations.
A Message to Our Clients about COVID-19
Updated April 4, 2020
To Our Valued Clients:
During these unprecedented and uncertain times, we want to affirm our support of you, and of our communities.
Your well-being and peace of mind when using our facilities during the COVID-19 pandemic is of utmost importance to us. We also believe that we share in a broader responsibility to do our part to slow and limit the spread of COVID-19. This means taking appropriate precautions to safeguard the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and our communities, and to follow all advice and directives from Alberta Health Services.
To this end, we have implemented a number of measures across our five Alberta locations. You can read more about this below, however, this includes increased hygiene standards and cleaning routines, updated guidelines for all in-person interactions, and contingency planning appropriate to the circumstances. Rest assured that we are committed to providing a safe, clean, and secure place to store your belongings.
We are also committed to sharing accurate and up to date information about COVID-19 with all of our employees. This includes providing educational information about the symptoms of COVID-19 and about what to do if they or a co-worker should begin feeling ill.
We will continue to monitor all new developments. Our offices are presently open daily, from 9am to 5pm, to serve you by telephone - this includes storage unit rentals, sales of boxes/moving suppplies, and U-Haul rentals.
We promise to keep you informed of any changes to your self-storage services and will update this page as required. Should you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to a member of our team. We recognize the many impacts of the pandemic to people’s lives and businesses, and are committed to working with you throughout this challenging period.
Your Management Team at StoreSmart Self-Storage
Our Commitment to Slowing the Spread of COVID-19:
To protect our employees, our customers, and our communities, the following policies are now in effect:
In Support of Social Distancing:
As compared to many retail centers, self-storage facilities are generally low-traffic with few employees. We are nonetheless undertaking social distancing measures to minimize any in-person contact. The following policies and procedures are now in effect:
- Although we are open and on-site from 9am to 5pm daily, foot-traffic within our offices is strictly limited. Storage unit rentals, sales of boxes/moving supplies, and U-Haul rentals will be completed via telephone or the website.
- Existing clients are encouraged to contact us via telephone or email, instead of attending the office in-person; we will be happy to work with you over the phone and/or via electronic or digital means regarding any account matter.
- All non-essential staff are working remotely from home.
- There is no physical contact, such as handshakes, between employees and customers.
- Employees are required to maintain a minimum distance of 2 meters from all other persons.
- Should there be other persons in the office when you visit, we may ask you to step outside for a moment until we are finished serving the other customer.
In Support of Hygiene and Sanitation:
Your safety and that of our employees is of paramount importance. As such:
- We are undertaking frequent sanitizing of high-touch surfaces in common areas, including but not limited to, counters and work surfaces, door handles, keypads, point-of-sale terminals, elevator buttons, hard carts, bathrooms, kitchens, and office equipment.
- Employees are required to wash their hands hourly throughout the day or immediately after any in-person transaction, whichever comes first.
- Purchases of boxes and moving supplies will be completed via telephone or email, with arrangements made for curbside pickup. Until further notice, we regret that we are unable to accept merchandise returns. Should you wish to return any items, please retain your unused merchandise and receipt for future use. We will be happy to process your return at a later date, upon rescindment of Alberta's public health emergency.
Helping to Stop the Spread
In accordance with provincial guidelines:
- Any employees feeling ill and/or displaying signs of illness are required to follow provincial guidelines; this includes staying home, self-isolating, and using and following any directions as provided by the Government of Alberta’s self-assessment tool.
- Any customers feeling ill and/or displaying signs of illness and/or that have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days are requested to contact us via telephone or email instead of visiting the store; we will be happy to work with you over the phone and/or via electronic or digital means.
Office Hours/Access Hours
- Although we are open and on-site daily, from 9am to 5pm, foot-traffic within our offices is strictly limited, and business will be conducted via telephone or the website. Please do not hesitate to contact us - it is amazing what we can accomplish by phone!
- Access hours of 5am to midnight remain in effect, with special provisions for 24-hour customers.
- We are prepared to adjust office and access hours, as recommended or required by any government agency, or as needed so as to operate in a safe and reasonable manner.
- We are prepared to temporarily close locations and/or to restrict customer access to the premises, as recommended or required by any government agency, or as needed so as to operate in a safe and reasonable manner.
- In the event of a change to office and/or access hours, and when possible, we will provide our clients with advance notice of any changes; you may also check this page for updates.
Reserving and/or Renting a Storage Unit
Below is some information about how to reserve or rent a storage unit. Should you have questions or require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us via telephone or email.
- You can rent or reserve a storage unit using this website - it's really easy!
- You can also rent or reserve a storage unit over the telephone.
Managing and Paying for Your Storage Unit
Although we are open and on-site daily, from 9am to 5pm, foot-traffic within our offices is strictly limited. We are, therefore, asking all clients to make their payments by telephone or online. If this is not possible, please call us to discuss alternative arrangements. As a reminder, you can:
- Pay by telephone and major credit card by calling your local store.
- Pay online on this website using a major credit card or Interac Online (debit). To login or to set up your account for the first time, click here. Should you require assistance, please let us know.
- If you are already set up for recurring credit card payments, that’s great – thank you. If you would like to be set up for recurring credit card payments, simply call or email your local store.
For Our U-Haul Customers
- Please contact us by telephone to make a U-Haul reservation.
- As this time, all U-Haul rentals require a credit card.
- For pickup and drop off of your rental equipment, you will be required to use U-Haul's 24/7 app. Call us for details, or check out the following links. For pickup, click here. For drop off, click here.
- If you are unable to use the 24/7 app, we will do our best to work with you and to coordinate your rental via telephone.