One Month Free!
On select units, at participating locations.
A Message to Our Clients about COVID-19
Updated June 4, 2020
To Our Valued Clients:
During these unprecedented and uncertain times, we want to affirm our support of you, and of our communities.
Your well-being and peace of mind when using our facilities during the COVID-19 pandemic is of utmost importance to us. We also believe that we share in a broader responsibility to do our part to slow and limit the spread of COVID-19. This means taking appropriate precautions to safeguard the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and our communities, and to follow all advice and directives from Alberta Health Services.
To this end, we have implemented a number of measures across our five Alberta locations. You can read more about this below, however, this includes increased hygiene standards and cleaning routines, updated guidelines for all in-person interactions, and new service options for those that prefer a contact-free experience. Rest assured that we are committed to providing a safe, clean, and secure place to store your belongings.
We are also committed to sharing accurate and timely information with our employees about COVID-19, including its symptoms as well as instructions for what to do if an employee or co-worker should begin feeling ill.
For your convenience, our offices remain open 7 days a week from 9am to 5pm for storage unit rentals, sales of boxes and moving supplies, and U-Haul rentals (kindly note that hand hygiene and physical distancing measures are in effect). If you would prefer a contact-free service experience instead, we are pleased to facilitate this by offering the following service options: online or telephone storage unit rentals/reservations, online or telephone orders of boxes and moving supplies with curbside pickup, telephone U-Haul reservations with self-serve pick up and drop off options.
We will continue to monitor all new developments and promise to keep you informed of any changes to our services. Should you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to a member of our team. We recognize the many impacts of the pandemic to people’s lives and businesses, and are committed to working with you throughout this challenging period.
Your Management Team at StoreSmart Self-Storage
Our Commitment to Slowing the Spread of COVID-19:
To protect our employees, our customers, and our communities, the following policies are now in effect. Please note that some locations may have additional restrictions in place to protect the immunocompromised.
In Support of Physical Distancing:
Although self-storage facilities are typically 'low-traffic' with few employees or customers on premise at any given time, we have nonetheless undertaken the following measures in support of physical distancing:
- Customers and employees are required to follow provincial physical distancing guidelines by maintaining a minimum distance of 2 meters from all other persons.
- Due to the limited size of some of our offices, this may require briefly waiting outside if we are already serving another customer in-store.
- Customers preferring a contact-free service experience may opt to use any one of our online or telephone service options to rent a storage unit, purchase moving supplies, or rent a U-Haul.
- When possible, customers are encouraged to contact us via telephone or email, instead of attending the office in-person.
- All non-essential staff are working remotely from home.
In Support of Hygiene and Sanitization:
Your safety and that of our employees is very important to us. As such:
- We are frequently sanitizing high-touch surfaces in common areas, such as counters and work surfaces, door handles, keypads, point-of-sale terminals, elevator buttons, hard carts, bathrooms, kitchens, and office equipment.
- Customers are asked to please sanitize their hands using our hand sanitizer station upon entry into our offices.
- Employees are required to wash their hands hourly throughout the day or following any in-person transaction, whichever comes first.
Helping to Stop the Spread
In accordance with provincial guidelines:
- Any employees feeling ill, displaying signs of illness, having close contact with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19, or having travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days are required to follow provincial guidelines. This includes staying home, self-isolating, and following any directions as provided by the Government of Alberta's Self-Assessment Tool.
- Any customers feeling ill, displaying signs of illness, having close contact with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19, or having travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days should contact us via telephone or email instead of visiting the store. We will be happy to work with you over the phone and/or via electronic means.
Office Hours/Access Hours
- For your convenience, we are open from 9am to 5pm, daily.
- Access hours of 5am to midnight remain in effect, with special provisions for 24-hour customers.
- We are prepared to adjust office and access hours, as recommended or required by any government agency, or as needed so as to operate in a safe and reasonable manner.
- We are prepared to temporarily close locations and/or to restrict customer access to the premises, as recommended or required by any government agency, or as needed so as to operate in a safe and reasonable manner.
- In the event of a change to office and/or access hours, and when possible, we will provide our clients with advance notice of any changes; you may also check this page for updates.
Renting or Reserving a Storage Unit
Renting or reserving a storage unit is really easy! You can:
- Rent or reserve a storage unit using this website.
- Rent or reserve a storage unit over the telephone.
- Rent or reserve a storage unit by stopping by our offices in person.
- Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via telephone or email.
Managing and Paying for Your Storage Unit
Although we are open daily from 9am to 5pm, we are encouraging our storage clients make payments by telephone or online so as to minimize in-person contact. As a reminder, payment options include:
- Paying by telephone and major credit card by calling in during regular business hours.
- Paying online using a major credit card or Interac Online (debit). To login or to set up your account for the first time, click here. Should you require assistance, please let us know.
- If you are already set up for recurring credit card payments, that’s great – thank you. If you would like to be set up for recurring credit card payments, simply call or email your local store.
- Paying in-store during regular business hours (please note that debit or credit card payments are preferred over cash payments).
For Our U-Haul Customers
Although we are open daily from 9am to 5pm, we are encouraging our U-Haul clients to make reservations by telephone so as to minimize in-person contact. As a reminder:
- The easiest way to reserve a U-Haul is to contact us by telephone, though we can also assist you in-store.
- For rentals, clients may wish to use U-Haul's self-serve tool. We are otherwise happy to assist you in person. If using U-Haul's self-serve tool, please note that a credit card is required. We also recommend setting up your U-Haul account in advance. For more information, call us or visit the following links. For pickup instructions, click here. For drop off instructions, click here.
Boxes and Moving Supplies
We have a large selection of boxes and moving supplies available for purchase. Although you may purchase these items in-store, you may also:
- Browse our selection here and place an order via email or telephone for curbside pickup.